I basically started my gardening this year and it has been a topsy-turvy ride. Good today, bad tomorrow, worse the next.
I battled ants (the bigger the better), snails, and mosquitoes but with research I found a suitable solution for some of the pests like the one that plagued my Efirin.
I also found out planting lemon grass help to reduce the menace that are mosquitoes
I battled lack of growth in most of my herbs, lettuces, watermelons. The ones that started growing rotted or didn’t grow to its full sizeBut those that did well, did fantastically well My watermelons that just kept growing, taking up space and didn’t bring forth any fruits (I hail o!)
Most of my seeds my aunt sent to me didn’t do well, I blame the weather and probably lack of proper care from me and treatment of the soil.
In all, I’m grateful for the online support, from my blooming blog community, Cu_o and Sabirah ( still waiting on your guest post Sab)
While most of my readers are not in Nigeria as I really hoped for a more Nigerian centred audience its all good still and I’m still grateful for them.
It hasn’t been easy updating the blog regularly especially when most times I don’t have much to say.
Onto the new year, I usually do not bother making new year resolutions but this year I’m like whatever let’s do this!
So here is what I hope for the new year for my garden and of course the blog.
In no particular order really.
- I designed a new space for gardening so that’s where I’ll be focusing most of my energy.
- I’m trying to incorporate an elevated garden and a bird bath so new projects yaaay!!
- Also want to try my hands at grafting.
- Building a proper compost pit.
- Reach a wider Nigerian audience.
- Start my little container garden project
- I have some sour sop seeds I kept putting off planting, going to do that this new year.
- Getting more people to guest post on here: So if you are in Nigeria and you have a garden or a space and you want to chip something in on here, please feel free to contact me email@example.com. Thanks!!
Here’s to a great, fabulous and GREEN 2014.
Love and greens